Saturday, January 18, 2014

Change

One of the wonderful things about life is how it changes!  Yes, I know that there are changes that we dislike and wish they would never happen, but I also think about so many of the changes are good ones.  We change from children to parents, from students to teachers, from being alone to finding a person to marry and spend our life with and so much more.

Changes can also occur in small little things that may only affect you for a day or a week or a month.  My newest change is spraining my foot.  This has not been a fun couple of days and has been rather painful, but I still have a choice.  I can wait for my foot to heal so that the conditions are perfect in my body again or I can learn to change for a few days.

Ecclesiastes 11:4   If you wait for perfect conditions, you will never get anything done (Living Bible (TLB)

I can be rather impatient and do not want to wait on the perfect conditions.  The perfect conditions for my sprain may be tomorrow or it may be next week, I don’t know, but I will never get anything done if I wait.  I am finding ways to work around this – I am cooking dinner sitting down instead of standing up.  I am actually asking Mike to help me which I normally do not do; I would normally try and do it myself. 


Maybe that in and of itself is my lesson during this time – to ask for help instead of being so stubborn I insist on doing it alone.  I am rather stubborn and you will see that the more of my blogs that you read – or you can just ask my Dad, he will tell you!


No comments:

Post a Comment