Sunday, September 14, 2014

6 months!!

WOW!!!!  I can’t believe it’s been six months since I had Damian removed.  He is gone – hopefully forever.  The week before my anniversary I learned, again, the hard lesson that it is not always forever as a Facebook friend found out hers is back.

As I was preparing to write this blog I was thinking about what to put in and leave out and this appeared in my inbox.  I thought it was a great place to start:

Psalm 39:7 (NLT)
And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you.

My hope has been in Him through all of this.  Through the  good and bad; through the pain; the stress; the confusion; all of the bumps; all of the joys; all of the hugs; all of the loss; all of everything!

I guess I should tell you where I am at:  my left side is still very weak; my hand has lost function and stays frequently in a fist; I still have drop foot and have to wear a brace to walk; daily headaches; lots of confusion; spacing out (told this is not seizures); TIA events; loss of balance; sensitivity to sound and extremely dizzy.

Now I have options- some days my favorite is to sit down and gripe about everything.  I do mean EVERYTHING!  You can imagine how much this helps; you got it, NOT one bit!  If anything it just stresses me out that much more.  This is a better option:

Psalm 98:4 (NLT)
Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy!

I have to remind myself sometimes to do this, but I think that is better than forgetting altogether.  I could get mad and say I’m going to walk away from God and do this on my own.  I could blame Him if I wanted.  But why - what did He do wrong?  He has shown me mercy, because it could be worse!!

Psalm 116:5 (NLT)
How kind the Lord is! How good He is! So merciful, this God of ours!

I want to be healthy again!  I want to sound like a southern girl again!  I want to crochet again!  I want to raise my left arm up shoulder height and then over my head!  I want to walk without a brace!  I am determined to walk a 5k in six more months! 

Where do you want to be in 6 months?  Do you want to be doing the exact same thing?  Do you want to start a new hobby?  Do you want to read that new book?  Do you want to lose weight?


What’s stopping you?  I have found many reasons to not do something.  I've even said I’m too busy to read a book – now that’s funny!  Let’s all band together to support – motivate – encourage – pray for one another.  


No comments:

Post a Comment