Sunday, March 2, 2014

It’s not about you – it’s about Him

A week or so ago I saw a post by a woman whose husband had surgery and was on an emotional roller coaster which means she was also on the same ride.  People were giving her different advice and trying to cheer her up when one person commented – it’s not about your right now it’s about him.  I kept thinking about that and you know, I have decided that woman is partly right.  It’s not about you – it’s about Him.  It’s not about me, it’s about Him!  I hope you caught that – Him = God!!

My body is rebelling against me and making me have strange behaviors and strange speech, but how can I use that for Him?  I could fall on the ground and curl up in a ball and cry and beg non-stop to be perfect again . . . but that would not serve Him.  I could call everybody and tell them how pitiful I am and how my life is not worth living . . . but that would not serve Him.  So what can I do – how can He use me.

Luke 22:27 (NIV) For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves.

Well, I can do that.  I can serve! 

Did you know...
- Abraham was too old
- Sarah laughed at God’s promises and was also too old.
- Moses stuttered and questioned God's judgment in picking him. He killed a man.
- David’s armor didn’t fit and was too young. He also killed a man & had an affair.
- Hosea’s wife was a prostitute.
- Amos’ only training was in the school of fig-tree pruning.
- Jacob was a liar.
- Lazarus was dead.
- John was self-righteous.
- The Apostle Paul spent his early life murdering Christians.
- Jeremiah was depressed & suicidal.
- Samson didn't wear a suit and had long hair.
- Noah got drunk.
- See more at: http://mikelfrench.org/blog/flaws-of-famous-bible-characters/#sthash.MwsvkCRC.dpuf

God used imperfect people so many times throughout the Bible because they were willing to serve others and to serve Him.  That is my plan – serve God every day; it will probably never be something grand in the eyes of man, but I believe that it will be to God for the willingness!

Who will you serve today?  Who can you help?  Motivate?  Encourage?  How can you show that it is not about you, it is about Him?



1 comment:

  1. You hit the nail on the head and very good. You and Mike are going to be so blessed.

    ReplyDelete